A) Completa el texto con la forma correcta de los verbos entre paréntesis.
Dear Mr. Jones,
My family and I ______________ (suffer) a lot lately from the noise ______________ (make) by your guests when they ______________ (leave) your house on Friday nights. They ______________ (stand) in the street, ______________ (laugh) loudly and ______________ (call) goodbye to you and to each other. By the time all your guests ______________ (leave), all my children ______________ (wake up). I ______________ (be) very grateful if you ______________ (can) ask your guests to leave more quietly.
B) Completa las frases con la forma correcta de los verbos entre paréntesis.
I last ______________ (see) him about a month ago, after he ______________ (leave) his job in the factory. He ______________ (say) he ______________ (decide) to go to France for a holiday and ______________ (promise) to send me a postcard as soon as he ______________ (find) a place to stay. But I ______________ (hear) nothing since then.
C) Completa las frases con el artículo definido "the". Si el artículo no es necesario, escribe "no".
1. ______________ youngest boy has just started going to ______________ school.
2. She lives on ______________ top floor of an old house. When ______________ wind blows, all ______________ windows rattle.
3. ______________ darkness doesn't worry ______________ cats; they can see in ______________ dark.
4. ______________ unemployed have to try to find ______________ work.
5. ______________ ballet isn't much use for ______________ girls; it's much better to play ______________ piano.
6. ______________ more I read, ______________ less I understand.
D) Completa las frases con una forma de infinitivo o gerundio de los verbos entre paréntesis.
1. Jack suggested ______________ (rent) one floor, Tom advised me ______________ (sell) the entire house.
2. You should ______________ (think) about the consequences before ______________ (sign up) for the strike.
3. The company is thought ______________ (invest) all the benefits in a hedge fund last year.
4. In Animal Farm, the old pig urged the animals ______________ (rebel) against man but he warned them _____________ (not adopt) man's habits.
5. ______________ (read) your manuscript, we regret ______________ (not publish) it last year.
E) Completa las frases con una preposición. Entre paréntesis tienes un sinónimo para ayudarte.
We set ______________ (start a journey) early but we didn't get ______________ (arrive) Granada until late that night. We had to pick ______________ (collect) some friends on the way. It turned ______________ (reveal) that one of them was locked ______________ ( trapped) in the house and he couldn't get ______________ (exit). We were fed ______________ (annoyed) with waiting ______________ him so we broke ______________ (enter by force) and managed to get ______________ (continue) with our journey.
F) Completa las frases con una forma derivada de las palabras que tienes entre paréntesis. Tienes que utilizar prefijos o sufijos.
It is not ______________ (usual) to make a hobby pay for itself even if ______________ (initial) you had no ______________ (intend) of turning it into a business. Even though the necessary ______________ (equip) may be expensive, you can make your ______________ (create) ______________ (profit) by selling them on the Internet.
have suffered / have been suffering
have woken up
had found / found
1. the - no
2. the – the - the
3. no – no - the
4. the - no
5. no – no - the
6. the – the
1. renting – to sell
2. have thought – signing up
3. to have invested
4. to rebel – not to adopt
5. having read – not publishing / not having published